Saturday 25 August 2012

Choice of Genre

From researching different genres, I have decided that the main genre is going to be a thriller, but I want to mainly focus on the sub genre of psychological thrillers. 

I specifically moved away from doing a comedy trailer because I think that it is very difficult to get the structure of the trailer right. Also the writing and scripting of humor for the film would prove difficult because the comedic points would need to be timed so that the full effect is emphasized in the trailer. Also along with the timing, it would require high level of acting skill to make the comedy aspect seem very convincing. Because of different tastes amongst people, I believe the biggest challenge would be to ensure that it appeals to a wide range of a target market and some people may not see the comedic aspect which others do.

No comments:

Post a Comment