Tuesday 4 December 2012

Further Editing

I have made more progress during the editing process. I have made the transitions of video and sound more clean, but I still need to ensure that they are even better in the final video. Also I have added in the soundtrack and various sound effects which I waned in the video to convey the genre more. I have developed another skill by working out how to partially saturate the colour from the clip which the below screen shot demonstrates. To acheive this appearance of the clips, I used the colour corrector tool in final cut and   
messed around with the "sats" to remove specific levels of  colour from the clips.

This was the type of saturation which I was thinking of when designing the storyboard. I wanted to use this because I think that it is a simple techniques which alters the tone of the shot because having the vibrant colours which the original shot had would have completely opposed the mood of the overall trailer. Also this tools was quite effective in dimming some of the lighting because during filming, the natural lighting was very strong which I wasn't really pleased with as it didn't make some of the clips look how they where intended.


No comments:

Post a Comment